Australia PR is one of the most desired visa categories on which everyone has set their eyes on. Well, there is no best time to apply for PR; it’s just that you need to meet the requirements carefully if you want to experience fruitful results. There is no better time to apply for Australia PR than now.
To ease the entire journey of the immigrants, Australia follows a point-based immigration system under which the eligible candidates are awarded with points on the basis of certain parameters such as age, work experience (inside and outside Australia), level of education, language proficiency and many more.
The general skilled migration program is the best road on which you can commence your travel if you want to reach your dream destination without any hassle. There are many visa subcategories under this pathway such as:
- Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189
- Skilled nominated visa subclass 190
- Skilled work regional (provisional) visa subclass 491
Both the subclasses 189 and 190 are the point-based PR Visa which allows you to work and live anywhere in Australia. Both the Visa subcategories require 65 points in order to apply. These points are awarded on the basis of several parameters such as age, work experience, language proficiency etc. Where a 189 visa allows you to live, work and study anywhere in Australia, the 190 visa subclass wants you to live and work in the nominated state for a period of 2 years in order to unlock the benefit of living and working anywhere in Australia.
A 491 Visa, on the other hand is a provisional visa and not a permanent one which allows you to live and work in the designated regional areas of Australia for a period of 5 years. After the completion of 5 years, you are eligible to apply for Australia PR and continue to live in Kangaroo land.
The DHA (Department of Home Affairs) conducts a round of invitations and invites the candidates with the highest scores and the most in-demand occupation.
Looking for a step-by-step process for Australia PR? Well, follow a step-by-step process and start your Australia PR process today.
- Check if your occupation is in the skilled occupation list of Australia or not. There are three occupation lists such as MLTSSL (Medium and Long Term strategic skills list) for a 189 visa, STSOL (Short term and skilled occupation list) for a 190 visa and ROL (Regional Occupational List) for a 491 Visa.
- Gather essential documents i.e. a positive IELTS language proficiency test, a positive skills assessment assessed by a relevant authority such as VETASSES, ACS, and AACA etc.
- Obtain a Nomination from an Australian state or sponsorship from an eligible family member living in Australia (if you are applying for 190 and 491 visa respectively).
- Determine if you have 65 points in the Australia pr point’s calculator or not. Well, don’t set 65 as a benchmark, rather, make more efforts and try to score more in the calculator as the highest points are always the best if you want to receive an invitation to apply for an Australia PR Visa.
- Receive an invitation from the DHA to apply for Australia PR
- Apply for Australia PR along with all your pertinent documents that support your application.
- Once your documents will be submitted and everything is found correct, the DHA will give you a grant on your PR Visa.
So, if you wish to apply for Australia PR, no time is better than 2021. So, check your requirements now and apply under the best visa subclass which best suits your interest and requirements. Good Luck!