Both New Zealand and Australia are the perfect places to start a new life and raise a family. So, no matter the country where you wish to settle in on a permanent basis, you need to follow a proper process and meet the eligibility requirements carefully.
Now, let me tell you the PR process in short so that you can make a clear choice between the two countries without any hassle.
Australia, also called the Kangaroo land is an ideal destination for all the potential candidates who are looking forward to experiencing a new life there. The best way to immigrate to Australia is to apply for Australia PR. To obtain Australia PR, the best pathway is the GSM pathway. GSM stands for General skilled migration pathway under which there are 3 visa subcategories such as:
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
It is the subclass as per which you don’t need any kind of sponsorship from an Australian state or territory. Moreover, with this visa, you have the ultimate freedom to live and work anywhere in Australia wherever you want.
- Skilled Nominated Visa subclass 190
It is a nominated visa subclass which allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia only if you reside and work in the designated state for a period of 2 years. Prior to applying for this visa, you need to receive a nomination from an Australian state or territory.
- Skilled work regional (provisional) visa subclass 491
It is not a permanent residency visa, rather it is a provisional visa which allows you to get settled and work in the designated regional areas of Australia for a period of 5 years. After completing the period of 5 years, you can apply for Australia PR without any hassle.
Note to Remember* No matter the visa subcategory of the GSM pathway, scoring 65 points is a must! These points are calculated on the basis of certain yardsticks such as age, language proficiency, work experience and many more.
Well, first of all, you need to choose the right visa subcategory which best suits your existing profile. The further process to apply for Australia PR is given as follows:
- Choose the right visa subcategory
- Determine your eligibility
- Get a positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation from a relevant assessing authority
- Score a minimum of 65 points
- Submit your expression of interest
- Within 60 days of getting your EOI accepted, you will receive an invitation to apply for the visa
- Apply for Australia PR and get an approval for that and move to Australia without any hitch
- New Zealand
In order to immigrate to New Zealand and become a PR there, a candidate is required to meet the following requirements such as:
- Your age must be below 55 years
- You must be proficient in English (A minimum of 6.5 bands in the IELTS language proficiency test)
- You must have a clean bill of health along with a good character
- You must have a pure intention to live and work in the country and contribute towards its economy
- You must meet the points requirement in order to submit your EOI (Currently, New Zealand is selecting EOIs with 160 points)
This country doesn’t offer a direct PR, rather you need to first apply for the skilled migrant category resident visa, as per which you need to stay in New Zealand for a period of 2 years and post completing this duration, you become eligible to apply for New Zealand PR without any hassle.
Well, no matter Australia or New Zealand, both the countries are the best destination if you are really interested in settling overseas on a permanent basis. So, prior to selecting the best country to start a new life, it’s always suggested to do a comprehensive research for the same and then select the right one.
So, have a look at the content mentioned-above so that you can get a brief regarding the process and the requirements. For further information, you can either explore the internet or get in touch with the best immigration experts if you want to reach your dream destination, no matter what it is! Good Luck!