The Skilled Independent visa, sometimes referred to as Visa Subclass 189, is a category of visa created to draw in invited workers with particular talents that the Australian community as a whole needs. You will be permitted to permanently reside, work, and study anywhere in Australia if you meet the requirements. The subclass 189 visa is subject to a points test based on particular job abilities. Upon approval of the visa, invited residents enjoy many of the same privileges as Australian citizens.
Eligibility Criteria for Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa
You would need to be eligible for a Subclass 189 visa if you:
- Check to see if your profession is listed on the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 Occupational List.
- Obtain the required score on the skilled migration points test.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 44, inclusive
- Have the appropriate evaluating authority provide you with a positive Skills Assessment.
- English proficiency or greater
- meet the character and fitness standards
- Get invited to apply after submitting an EOI
Eligibility Score Points
The current cut-off point for submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) is 65 points, but the more points you have, the stronger your application will be and the more likely you are to be invited to an interview. Not all professions are admitted on each round, and some have substantially higher pass requirements.
Need Help? Talk to our immigration experts
How to apply for a Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa.
- Request a skills assessment as it is the first stage in your Australia PR Process and a deciding factor to take the process further or not.
- Submit an Expression of interest (EOI) once you receive your positive skill assessment report.
- Meeting the language requirement as per the Australian Standards
- You are ready to apply for the skilled visa upon receiving an invitation to apply.
- Apply for your visa application once you get the invitation to apply.
Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa processing Time
It takes about 74 days to 3 months to process a Subclass 189 visa.
After the candidate submits a complete application, the skilled independent (subclass 189) visa, one of the most well-known points-tested visas, can take up to 3 months to issue direct Australia permanent residence grants.
Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa cost
Currently, a government application costs AUD4, 240. Depending on the number and age of dependents listed on your application, this will change.
Why Choose the Skilled Independent Visa?
The Skilled Independent visa is made to identify a specific group of competent foreign nationals needed in each of Australia's states.
It enables people to live and work in the nation without needing a sponsor from a family member, a nomination from a province, or an employer.
Is the Subclass 189 Visa Permanent?
Yes. For all professionals with the abilities necessary by the Australian labor market, there is a stream for permanent residency known as the Skilled Independent Visa.
Is it better to apply overseas or in Australia? Do visa applications allow family members to be listed?
You can add dependent family members like your spouse/partner and dependent children in your application whether you live on Australian soil or abroad.
After I submit my 189 Visa application, what happens?
Once a case officer is assigned to handle your 189-visa application, they might run identity checks and evaluate your claimed credentials, employment history, and language proficiency before deciding whether to approve your application.
Please be informed that a case officer has the right to reject your request for a visa without seeking any additional information or supporting documentation. As a result, it's vital that you provide all the necessary paperwork with your application.
To know more about the latest draw and Australia Immigration News Updates: VISIT HERE
💡 How to receive an Australian regional nomination for Visa 491?
💡 How to immigrate to Australia from India