What are the health requirements to get Australia PR?
The average life expectancy of an Australian citizen is above 82 years. This fact implies that Australia is one of those countries which have over the top health standards. The high health standards which the commonwealth of Australia has set for the incoming population/immigrants are of prime importance when it comes to the Australia PR process. There are many candidates whose applications get rejected only because they could not meet the minimum health standards otherwise they were eligible for the Australia PR visa.
Not just Australia but every country wants to welcome a healthy population inside their borders. The rationale behind this behavior is that only healthy individuals can contribute to the fullest in an economy whereas not so healthy workers cannot be so productive with their state. This is one of the toughest challenges to meet in the Australia PR requirements because some of the health related diseases might not be in our hands. So if at some point in your life, going to Australia to settle there comes in your mind, being pro-active and precautious about the communicable diseases may get one heavy stone out of your Australian PR process pathway.
Get free assessment here!
In order to make sure that the immigrants who come to Australia do not pose a public threat to the Australian natives the prospective immigrants have to undergo some health examinations. Lets talk about the Australia PR requirements for health which Australia demands for to provide Australia PR visa to the prospective immigrants.
- If you and your family members come from the countries which have a prevalence of EVD (Ebola Virus Disease) or Polio then it may become a hurdle for the Australia PR process.
- Visa applicants belonging to some of the Pacific countries like the Kingdom of Tonga, Fiji that have had recent collective cases reported for measles. Measles vaccination status is currently not demanded by the Australian government but while travelling, it is strongly recommended to vaccinate yourself for the same.
- Visa applicants with active type of Tuberculosis may be refused to come to Australia. To prove that a visa applicant and the accompanying immigrants are not suffering from the active Tuberculosis the immigrating persons may be asked to get their X-rays done to confirm that they Tuberculosis free as the disease could be seriously contagious.
- Any visa applicant who is older than the age of 15 years must have HIV or Hepatitis Test done to let the authorities know that you are not infected with the Hepatitis or the HIV.
- Visa applicants thinking to settle in Australia are strongly recommended to get the international Yellow Fever vaccine certificate if older than one year or they stayed in a country with Yellow-fever outbreak declaration before entering Australia.
So these were the major infectious diseases which could reject your Australia PR application. Proper vaccination and precautions to avoid such diseases to enter your body can be a key trick to make your Australian PR approved without any hassle or health related complication.
If you are healthy, congratulations! You are very much eligible to apply for the Australia PR process to work, study, or live in Australia for the rest of your life. If you are looking to calculate your score eligibility to initiate the application for the Australian PR, then you can conveniently use the Australia PR points calculator.
Give your Australian PR dream a height of hope with our free online assessment form to determine your eligibility to fly to the Kangaroo land