What are the eligibility criteria and process to apply 491 Visa?
491 Visa is a provisional visa which allows the skilled workers who want to work and live in the designated regional areas of Australia. For this visa, you need to get a nomination from any Australian state or a sponsorship from an eligible family member who’s living in Australia as a permanent resident or an Australian citizen.
Prior to applying for 491 visas, you need to meet the 491 visa eligibility requirements such as:
• You must be invited to apply, nominated by an Australian state or territory or sponsored by an eligible relative
• You must have occupation listed on a skilled occupation list of Australia
• You must have a positive skills assessment for the nominated occupation
• You must score 65 points which are evaluated on the basis of certain parameters such as age, work experience, educational qualification, language ability and many more
• You must be less than 45 years of age in order to apply for 491 visa
• You must have at least competent level in English Language
• You must satisfy the health character requirements by submitting your medical clearance certificate
• You must prove that you have a good character by submitting police clearance certificate
• You don’t owe Australian government any debts or money
• You must not have any records of visa cancellation from the past
On getting a nomination from a state or sponsorship from an eligible family member, a candidate is awarded with 15 additional points that in turn boost your chances of getting an invitation from the DHA (Department of Home Affairs) to apply for Australia’s Permanent Residence.
You may also like to read - What is Visa 491 for Australian PR?