491 Visa is a provisional visa which allows the skilled workers who want to work and live in the designated regional areas of Australia. For this visa, you need to get a nomination from any Australian state or a sponsorship from an eligible family member who’s living in Australia as a permanent resident or an Australian citizen.
Prior to applying for 491 visas, you need to meet the 491 visa eligibility requirements such as:
• You must be invited to apply, nominated by an Australian state or territory or sponsored by an eligible relative
• You must have occupation listed on a skilled occupation list of Australia
• You must have a positive skills assessment for the nominated occupation
• You must score 65 points which are evaluated on the basis of certain parameters such as age, work experience, educational qualification, language ability and many more
• You must be less than 45 years of age in order to apply for 491 visa
• You must have at least competent level in English Language
• You must satisfy the health character requirements by submitting your medical clearance certificate
• You must prove that you have a good character by submitting police clearance certificate
• You don’t owe Australian government any debts or money
• You must not have any records of visa cancellation from the past
On getting a nomination from a state or sponsorship from an eligible family member, a candidate is awarded with 15 additional points that in turn boost your chances of getting an invitation from the DHA (Department of Home Affairs) to apply for Australia’s Permanent Residence.