Top 5 key Things You Should know About Hong Kong QMAS Visa
By Aptechvisa [Published Tue, Jan 21 2020]
Hong Kong is the home to one of the world most spectacular skylines with natural harbor and lush green mountains. It is densely packed city where you will discover ample opportunities concerning education, employment, health benefits and so on.
The Hong Kong QMAS (Quality Migrant Admission Scheme) visa has been introduced in February 2006. The system was initiated with the aim to attract highly skilled and talented workers from across the globe. The QMAS is mainly works on a points based selection system. Individuals with their families who want to reside in Hong Kong are needed to score eligible points and apply for QMAS visa.
From sightseeing to shopping to working, Hong Kong offers you a full sensory travel experience. Here are listed top 5 facts regarding Hong Kong QMAS visa:
- Eligibility Criteria to qualify a QMAS visa
In order to qualify this program, you are required to:
- Have a first class degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) from a recognized university or Institution.
- Have a minimum 2 years of relevant work Experience.
- Be Age between 18-50 years old.
- Be proficient in Language by taking the TOEFL/IELTS exam (basic level).
- Meet all the financial requirements to immigration process.
- Score minimum points under the General Point Based Test.
- Minimum Points needed to Qualify
To enter into Hong Kong, you are required to obtain at least 80 points out of 225 under general point test. The points are calculated on certain facile factors like:
- Educational Qualifications
- Work Experience
- English Language Skills
- Additional factors
- Processing time for Hong Kong Immigration
The processing time to immigrate to Hong Kong cannot be determined due to
- Cut off points varies from every draw.
- The process involves a visa interview which is conducted by immigration department in Hong Kong.
However, the processing time is approximately around 8-12 months to receive the Approval-in-principle.
- Essential Documents required to immigrate to Hong Kong
The documentary evidence for Hong Kong to become eligible includes:
- An application form in Chinese or in English language.
- A photocopy of personal selected page of passport. Sometimes, a photocopy of last arrival with stay in Hong Kong is required.
- A photocopy of identity card of Republic of China (if any).
- Fully complete filled visa application form with all relevant documents.
- A photocopy of personal annual income like bank statements is required.
- A photocopy of proof that you are well fluent in English or Chinese for example, the result of language test (TOEFL or IELTS)
- A photocopy of educational qualifications like graduation certificates, or academic records must be providing to enter into Hong Kong.
- A proof of skilled work experience like your employment job offer letter or contract must be carried out.
All the above listed documents must be submitted into English or Chinese. If not, then you first need to translate them either in English or in Chinese.
- Are your Dependents accompanied with you in Hong Kong?
If you are a married spouse to apply for dependent visa, you would certainly wish to bring your spouse and kids along with you.
The good news is that Hong Kong facilitates foreign nationals to do so. While you enter into Hong Kong, you are allowed to take your spouse and dependents (less than 18 years of age) using Hong Kong QMAS permit. The dependents are allowed to work and study on this visa.
Start you planning for Hong Kong QMAS visa now!
To get to know more about Hong Kong QMAS visa and other visa services, connect with Aptech Global. Fill the online assessment form to arrange a call back from one of our experienced immigration consultant.