Do you know that the Australian government has set a target of increasing the number of nurses to 15 per 1,000 people by 2030, and the government is working with the health sector to meet the growing demand for nursing jobs in the country’s solutions?
The growing importance of skilled health professionals such as nurses makes it a desirable destination for Indian nurses seeking international opportunities, with better salaries and better quality of life for you and your family.
In 2023, the Australian government added nurses to the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) in Australia to encourage nursing Immigration. This means that nurses are in high demand in the Australian economy, and skilled nurses who meet the relevant criteria may be eligible for a skilled immigration visa.
All of these have made the immigration of nurses to Australia, easier especially from India.
In this article, we’ll discuss the process of moving from India to Australia as a nurse, explore the challenges you may face and ways to make the journey a smooth one.
What are the different types of visas you can apply to immigrate to Australia as a nurse?
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189):
This visa allows nurses to live and work in Australia permanently, without the need for sponsorship from an employer or state/territory government. To be eligible for this visa, nurses must have a valid skills assessment, meet the minimum points requirement, and pass a health and character check.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190):
This visa is similar to the Skilled Independent Visa but requires a state or territory government sponsorship. Sponsorship can be a valuable asset, as it can help nurses to secure a job offer before they arrive in Australia.
- Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (subclass 186):
This visa allows nurses to live and work in Australia permanently, sponsored by an Australian employer. To be eligible for this visa, nurses must have a valid job offer from an Australian employer who is willing to sponsor them.
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482):
This visa allows nurses to live and work in Australia temporarily, in occupations that are experiencing a skill shortage. This visa can be a good option for nurses who are not yet ready to commit to permanent migration to Australia.
What are the skills and qualifications required to immigrate to Australia as a nurse from India?
- Be a registered nurse in India:- You must have completed a nursing degree from a recognized institution in India and be registered with the Indian Nursing Council (INC).
- Have a valid skills assessment:- Your nursing qualifications should be assessed by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC). This assessment will ensure that your requirements meet Australian Standards.
- Meet the English language requirements:- You must have a valid IELTS or PTE score of at least 7.0 in each band.
- Meet the health and character requirements:- You must pass a health and character check.
To increase the chances of obtaining an immigration visa as a nurse you need professional help. Aptech Visa is a highly recommended one for your needs.
What is the expected salary of a Nurse in Australia?
You can be sure of a good salary as a nurse in Australia. Nursing is in high demand and there are many job opportunities. For example, nurses with advanced nursing degrees can earn up to AUD 100,000 i.e. 55 Laks in INR per year, while less experienced nurses can earn closer to AUD 60,000 i.e. approx 35 Laks in INR per year.
New Programmes for Nurses in Australia in 2023-24
The Australian government has announced many new programs for nurses in 2023. These programs are designed to attract more nurses to Australia and to help them stay in the country.
- Nurse Incentive Scheme:- This program provides income for nurses working in rural and remote areas of Australia. Incentives can include salary supplements, off-site assistance, and educational assistance.
- Nurse Transition to Australia:- The program provides support for new nurses in Australia, such as helping them find employment, housing and childcare.
How Aptech Visa will help you?
By offering thorough advice to anyone looking to move to Australia, Aptech Visa plays a significant part in the immigration market. Our services include a thorough evaluation of your visa eligibility, during which we consider your needs and preferences to provide the best Australian visa alternative for your particular case. We also have expertise in assembling all the required paperwork for a difficult application, preparing visa applications, and guiding you through the procedure. We go beyond that; we also provide post-application assistance, answer your questions, and take care of any issues you may have. Select Aptech Visa for your immigration process, and let us be your dependable partner while you pursue your goal of settling in Australia.
If you want to immigrate to Australia as a Nurse and want more information about the process, courses, and benefits or are worried about the approval of your application, Aptech Visa can help. With over 50,000 successful immigration cases, we are experts in this field.
Book a free consultation today and get started with your visa process.