How to get sponsored by an Australian state government for the 491 Visa?
491 visas is a provisional visa which allows the skilled workers to work and settle in the designated regional areas of Australia for a period of 5 years. It is a temporary resident visa. So, if you want to make it a permanent one, you need to live the regional areas of Australia for a period of 5 years and after that you can apply for Australia’s permanent residence visa after meeting the set requirements.
In order to get a nomination from an Australian state government for the 491 visa, you are required to fulfill the eligibility criterion that has been set by the Australian government.
- You must nominated an occupation that’s present on the skilled occupation list, Australia
- You must have a positive skills assessment in the nominated occupation
- You must have 65 points in the immigration points calculator
- Your age must be under 45 years if you want to become eligible to apply for 491 visa
- You must have at least competent level in English language
- You must satisfy the health requirements (For this, you need to give your medical clearance certificate)
- You must have a good character (For this, you need to provide your police clearance certificate)
So, if you meet all the above requirements, you can easily get nominated by an Australian state government. On getting a nomination from an Australian state or sponsorship from any eligible family member, you will be awarded with 15 additional points that in turn will increase your chances of getting an invitation to apply for the Skilled Work Regional (provisional) Visa Subclass 491.
I believe that the above information might help you in getting a nomination from an Australian state or territory!
Best of Luck!
You may also like to read - Question And Answer Site to apply for Australia PR Visa