How to Apply for Canada Tourist Visa from India
An official document that we affix to your passport is a visitor visa, which is often referred to as a temporary residence visa. It demonstrates that you satisfy the requirements for entry into Canada.
To enter Canada, the majority of visitors require a visiting visa. An online visitor visa application is available.
Ensure you require a visitor visa before submitting an application.
An electronic travel authorization or visiting visa may be required. The entry document you need depends on:
- The type of travel document you intend to use
- The nation that issued your passport,
- Your nationality, and
- The mode of transportation you used to get to Canada for your trip is an essential factor.
What are the Canada Tourist Visa Requirements?
To obtain a visitor visa, you must fulfil some minimal conditions. You must comply with the following requirements in order to travel:
- Be free of any criminal or immigration-related convictions;
- Persuade an immigration officer that you have ties to your home country, such as a job, a residence, money, or family;
- Persuade an immigration officer that you will depart Canada at the conclusion of your visit; and
- Have enough money for your stay.
How long you plan to stay and whether you plan to stay with friends, family, or a hotel will determine how much money you will need.
You might also require a medical exam and a letter of invitation from a Canadian.
Some people are prohibited from entering Canada.
Some persons are not permitted to enter Canada because they are not accepted. Being involved in any of the following can make you inadmissible:
- Human rights abuses;
- Criminal behaviour; and
- Organized crime
For security, medical, or financial grounds, you may potentially be denied entry. More information about inadmissibility
How long can you stay on a Canada Tourist Visa?
It is common for visitors to stay in Canada for six months or more. The border services officer at the point of entry may consent to your stay being shorter than six months or longer than six months. They will record the deadline for your departure in your passport if such is the case. A visiting record, which they may also provide to you, will include the time you must depart and will be written down on paper.
When you arrive in Canada without a passport stamp, you may remain for six months or until the end of your current stay if your passport expires sooner. If you require a border services stamp, ask an officer.
How to apply for Canada Visit Visa?
Earlier than applying for a tourist visa
- Obtain the paperwork required for a visitor visa.
- Find out how to submit your biometrics (fingerprints and a photo)
- Applicants who are applying for the first time typically need to submit their biometrics.
Steps to Canada Tourist Visa
Step 1: Obtain proof that you are eligible for a visiting visa.
Step 2: Application online
- Open a profile
- Upload your files.
- Remit your fees.
Step 3: Give your fingerprints and a photo
Typically, you must provide biometrics. There are emergency procedures for biometrics if your local visa application centre is closed because of COVID-19.
What are Canada Tourist visa Fees?
You need to submit CAD 100 to the Canada Immigration Authorities for your Canada Tourist Visa application per person.
How your application is handled
- They'll check your application to make sure all the necessary documentation has been submitted.
- Your application will not be processed if it is incomplete.
- Please send them your passport so they can determine whether to approve your application.
- Follow the instructions they'll email you to receive your visa.
- Send them your passport (if they approve your application).
- Make sure you're prepared for the trip and the arrival in Canada.
Once in Canada, in addition to the documentation you submitted with your visa application, you might be asked to provide additional paperwork to the border services officer.
- An exact replica of one or more of the following:
- Copies of any previous visas or passports (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
- Stamps for entry and exit
- Studies and/or employment permits that specify the length of time you will be away from home.
- Visas that are current or expired
Copies of any of the following:
- flight details
- hotel reservations
- registration for an event
Bank name and contact
This enables them to inquire with your bank or financial institution.
Proof it is your account
The account is yours, as evidenced by your name and address on the statement.
They can better comprehend your financial condition with at least six months' worth of account information, including balances.
A clear, coloured copy of your passport or other travel documents that is currently valid and will be used to enter Canada.
A copy of your passport, if you have one, must be sent.
- Date of birth this is the page that displays your birth date and country of origin.
- A stamp, visa, or marking on any page
A travel document must be issued by a government and contain your name.
- Document number
- Citizenship or residency status
- Photo, and
- Expiry date (if applicable)
What is the Visitor Visa Canada processing time?
India visitor visa (from outside of Canada) 149 days as per the official record
But Aptech visa the best Canada Immigration Consultants has helped several of its clients to receive approval for their Canada Tourist Visa within a week’s time.
This processing time does not account for the following:
- The time it takes to transfer an application from a visa centre to their office;
- The time you must provide your biometrics.