The latest development was made to Australia Skilled Regional Nominated Visa 489 occupational list.
Total 59 occupations were added to the Regional Occupational List, including the following that were removed from all occupations lists in 2017:
- Human Resource Advisor
- Policy Analyst
- Procurement Manager
- Vocational Education Teacher
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Technician
- Financial Institution Branch Manager
- Multimedia Designer
- Safety Inspector
- Pathology Collector
Australia skilled regional provisional visa is a point based temporary visa that is valid for up to 4 years. An applicant would be required to meet relevant criteria of staying for at least 2 years and working a minimum of 35 hours per week for at least 12 months.
What are the benefits of Skilled Regional Nominated Visa 489?
Earlier, skilled foreign nationals transitioned from a student visa or graduate work/post study work visa to permanent residence visas under the General Skilled Migration program with subclass 190 or subclass 189 visa.
The applicants are facing difficulty in securing the government invitations for subclass 190 and 189. Here, comes subclass 489 that offers follow benefits of submitting a subclass 489 visa application:
- A nomination from Skilled Regional Nominated Visa 489 gives an additional 10 points towards the overall immigration point score. This helps in boosting the point score to increase the chances of receiving an invitation from the Australian government, before making the relevant visa application.
- Faster processing time has been seen in many cases where the applicants have been issued visa 489 quickly, provided the nominated region agrees to sponsor the applicant.
- Work experience for the subclass 887 (permanent visa) is gained by working at regional area and can include combined hours of employment equivalent to at least 35 hours a week.
- No English language requirement is required when an applicant from subclass 489 transition to subclass 887 visa
- An applicant applying for Skilled Regional Nominated Visa 489 must be under 45 years of age to be eligible to apply for Australia PR. however, there is no age requirement when transitioning to the 887 visa
- There are no point test requirements to pass points when transitioning to 887 visa, the permanent stage of the 489 visa but certain requirements should be met to be able to transition smoothly.
To know more about Australia PR, and Skilled Regional Nominated Visa 489 in particular, feel free to connect to our expert immigration consultants by filling free assessment form for further evaluation for your Australia PR. You can go through AptechVisa reviews who know our clients feedback.