Are you planning to immigrate to Australia, you must know The Department of Home Affairs Australia (DHA) replaced the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL), which it deemed "outdated," with a new method for processing visas that will give priority to educators and medical professionals before employer-sponsored visas.
In an effort to reduce the Australian PR visa processing time and eliminate Australian immigration or visa processing backlogs, and solve Australia's labor crisis, the Department of Home Affairs Australia has released revised guidelines for Australia PR visa application priority.
Under the new directive, at least 15 Australia visa categories will be processed faster, including
- Australia Skilled Independent visa subclass 189.
- Australia state sponsor or Nominated Visa Subclass 190.
- Employer Nomination Scheme visa subclass 482
- Regional Sponsored / nominated visa subclass 491
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Subclass,
The most recent change went into effect on 1st Jan 2023 and the sectors of education and health are now at the top of the list for expedited visa processing.
If your occupation falls under one of the following sectors now your application will be the utmost priority. Under visa subclass 190 and 491 you may get invitations on 65/100 points.
5. All the occupations listed below may get an Australia PR visa at 65/100 points
- Health and Welfare Support Workers,
- Child Care Center Managers,
- Medical Scientists,
- Social Workers,
- School Principals,
- Child Care Workers,
- Aged or Disabled Carers,
- Support Workers, and
- Personal Care Assistants
Except above professionals below occupation will be in high demand in Australia in 2023. Applicants belonging to the below profile may get their Australia Immigration with 65 – 75 points.
- General accountant,
- Electrical engineers,
- programmer Analyst,
- developer programmer, and
- software engineer.
According to an Australia Immigration update, DHA already started giving approvals more quickly above occupation. The Department will initially focus on clearing the priority list, which is teaching and health.