There are a few prerequisites you must fulfil in order to submit an application for Australian permanent residency. You are able to apply on humanitarian grounds, as a migrant, or as a member of a family. Find all the PR eligibility requirements and processes with guidance and support from Aptech Visa has a record-breaking experience in the field of immigration with a 100 per cent success rate.
Visa for Australia Permanent Residence
An individual with a permanent visa who is not an Australian citizen is referred to as a permanent resident.
A permanent resident of Australia is free to live, work, and pursue education there.
A step-by-step guide on the Australian PR process
Check your eligibility
You must first determine whether you are qualified for a PR visa. For more information on this, visit the Department of Home Affairs website to find out about the many types of visas available as well as the necessary documentation, fees, and processing times. Depending on your qualifications, training, and experience, you must also choose the best visa pathway at this phase.
Free Australia Immigration Assessment Form
Apply for a skill evaluation
Now submit an application to a selected authority for the approval of your educational credential assessment. To determine whether your talents fulfil the requirements Australian employers have for candidates for a given occupation, many occupations have different assessment organizations.
Submit an Expression of Interest
For Australia's Skill Select system, you must complete this stage by submitting an online expression of interest. Australia's online skilled worker visa application system is called Skill Select. The Australia point system assesses a profile based on a number of factors, including a candidate's age, language abilities, education, work experience, etc.
The system assigns a score to the applicant in light of this data. To be eligible for a visa stream, a candidate needs to receive at least 65 points.
Await the invitation and submit a visa application.
You will get an ITA from DHA Australia if your results are good enough. You have 60 days to reply to your application invitation and turn in all required paperwork.
You must satisfy the following criteria in order to apply for permanent residency in Australia:
- be younger than 45 years old
- have had your Registration of Interest (ROI) chosen;
- 65 or more points must have been earned.
- possess a reliable skills evaluation
- possess proficiency in the English language
- Satisfy the character and fitness standards.
Necessary Documents for an Australia PR visa
Applicants must submit the following important documents in order to immigrate to Australia.
- Educational diplomas
- Linguistic proficiency in English
- Certificates of experience at work (if applicable)
- Travel papers such as passports, permission to migrate from relevant authorities
- Police and medical verification documents
- Evidence of payment method (bonds, bank accounts, cash, shares etc.)
Skilled immigration points for Australia
If an applicant passes the requirements under the following criteria, he will be awarded the necessary Australian immigration points under the Australian immigration point system.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 44 to receive points under the age
- English language: By presenting the test results of any reputable English language proficiency test, the candidate should demonstrate that he has the necessary proficiency in the language.
- Points for Overseas Experience (Work Outside of Australia): If the applicant has three, five, or eight years of work experience outside of Australia in the last ten years in the designated occupation, they may be eligible for points.
1. The candidate is eligible to get points for having worked in Australia full-time in one of the SOL-listed professions.
2. If the candidate has one, three, five, or eight years of Australian work experience in the designated field over the previous ten years, they are eligible for points.
- Overseas Qualification Points (Qualifications Attained Outside of Australia): The candidate may be awarded points for legitimate degrees, such as a PhD or a bachelor's degree.
- Australian Study: The applicant may receive extra credit if they complete a program in Australia that lasts at least two academic years.
- Live and Study in a Regional Area: If the applicant satisfies the Australian study requirement of doing so for at least two years, he may be eligible for additional points. This requirement is to live and study in a "regional low population growth metropolitan area."
- Partner Skills: If the applicant's partner meets the prerequisites for age, proficiency in English, qualifications, and skills assessment results, the applicant may receive points under this category.
The DHA (Department of Home Affairs), a body in charge of immigration, would deem candidates eligible if they received at least 65 points.
💡 Can my brother sponsor me if he has an Australian PR Visa?
💡 How to immigrate to Australia from India
Your ability to obtain an Australia PR visa depends on the Australia PR points. As was previously stated, you need to earn at least 65 points using the Points Grid.
The different criteria for awarding points are described in the table below:
|Age (25-33 years)||30 points|
|English proficiency (8 bands)||20 points|
|8-10 years of experience working outside Australia||15 points|
|Eight to ten years of work experience in Australia||20 points|
|Obtain a doctorate degree from an institution outside of Australia||20 points|
|Obtaining a doctorate or master's degree by research in Australia or a similar skilled degree||10 points|
|Study in a regional area||5 points|
|Proficient in community language||5 points|
|Working in Australia as part of a skilled program||5 points|
|State sponsorship (190 visa)||5 points|
|Spouse with skill (Age, skills, and English language requirements)||10 points|
|A spouse or de facto partner who speaks English proficiently (no requirement for skills or age)||5 points|
Applicants who do not have a spouse or de facto partner, or those who have a spouse who is an Australian citizen or PR holder
The Australian Skilled Occupation List
The list of jobs that you can pursue to obtain a Skilled Independent Visa for Australia is shown below (subclass 189).
Step 1: You must work in one of the listed skilled occupations.
Step 2: Finish the ONLINE ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT. The Eligibility Assessment must be passed with a score of 65 points or above.
What does the Australia PR Cost?
The list of application fees has been updated in accordance with the most recent Australian Immigration Authority standards.
- Applicant - 4115 AUD
- Dependent Applicant - 2055 AUD
- Child fees - 1030 AUD (Per Child)
To know more about the latest draw and Australia Immigration News Updates: VISIT HERE
💡 How Much Money Is Required for Australia Immigration
💡 Process for obtaining Australian Permanent Residence in 2022