Understand the process to obtain Canada Visitor Visa
Visitor Visa for Canada follows under the temporary resident visa category, being one of the official documents to be stuck on the passport. Having a Visitor Visa for Canada proves that one meets the requirements needed to enter Canada.
A traveller requires a Canada Visitor Visa if he or she is travelling to Canada. In most cases, visitors to Canada need a visa to enter the country. It may also be necessary if you are transiting through a Canadian airport before arriving at your final destination.
A tourist visa application is available online.
Length of your stay
You may be allowed to stay for less than six months or for more than six months at the border services officer's discretion. If so, they will record the deadline for your departure in your passport. They may also provide you with a visiting record, which will include the time you must depart, along with other information.
If your passport is not stamped, you may remain in Canada for a period of six months beginning on the day you entered, or until your passport expires, whichever occurs first. Border services officers can stamp your passport if you need one Ask the border officer when you're done with the primary inspection kiosk if you arrive at an airport that employs them.
There is a six-month stay restriction for most travellers to Canada.
Before you apply, confirm that you require a tourist visa.
You might require an electronic travel authorization or a Canada visitor visa. The admission paperwork you require is determined by:
The kind of travel documentation you intend to bring.
- The nation that issued your travel authorization
- Your ethnicity
- How do you plan to get to Canada for this trip?
What is the time taken for processing if you are applying for a Visitor visa from outside Canada (India)?
Your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) may need to be sent together with your application.
This processing period excludes
- The time it takes for a request to be sent from a visa application centre to our office.
- How long you must provide your biometric data in
Find out if you are eligible to apply for Canada Visitor Visa.
To get a Canada Visitor Visa you are required to fulfil certain requirements. Such as:
- Need to have a valid travel document such as a passport
- Should be fit and medically well
- Must not have a prior criminal record or any conviction concerning immigration
- Your home ties must be strong enough to convince the immigration official that you will return back to India these must include your job, home, financial assets or family.
- You also need to convince the immigration official that you will return to your home country after you complete your visit.
- You must also prove that you have enough financial assets to support your stay in Canada.
- The required sum of money would entirely depend upon factors such as - the duration of your stay, whether you are going to stay in the hotel or with your relatives and friends.
You might also require a medical exam or a letter of invitation from your relative or friend who lives in Canada.
What are the documents required when applying for Canada Visitor Visa?
- Proof of vaccination
- Arrive CAN receipt (electronic or paper)
- Travel history
Documents showing the time length you will be staying in Canada and what you will be doing during that time period.
- Account statement
This will help the Immigration Officials understand whether or not you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada.
- Identity document
Documents that are accepted by IRCC
- Passports (regular, official, or diplomatic)
- Alien’s passport for stateless persons
- Other refugee travel documents for non-citizens
Some individuals cannot enter Canada.
Some persons are not authorised to enter Canada because they are not eligible to do so. You may be ineligible for admission for a number of reasons, such as:
- Criminal behaviour
- Infringements against human rights
- Organizational crime
You can also be denied entry for safety, medical, or economic grounds.
Travelling with minors to Canada
Make sure you are prepared in case one of your young children (children under the age of 18) will be travelling with you, with someone else, or alone.
Passports and other necessary travel documentation must be in order to enter Canada.
You must travel to Canada with a current passport or other travel authorization.
Your passport or other travel document is valid if:
- Not run out of time;
- We accept it (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)
The duration of your passport's validity
Check your passport's expiration date. You might wish to renew your passport before submitting your application, depending on the programme you're applying for.
Visitation, employment, and temporary study
We are unable to provide you with a visiting record, work permit, or study permit that is still in effect after your passport expires.
You can request to extend your stay if your passport expires after you get to Canada.
Using Express Entry to enter the country
If your passport expires within six months of the day you apply for Canada permanent residency through Express Entry, you should renew it. Then, amend your application with the details from your new passport. When we process your application, this will guarantee that it is valid.
Leave one-page blank in your passport.
You need at least 1 empty page in your passport or other travel documents if you are from a nation where a visa is required. That's where we'll put your Canada permanent residency card or visitor visa.