The 189 visa is open to the applicants who want to immigrate to Australia and fulfill their dream of living there on a permanent basis. Yes, delays might happen due to the ongoing pandemic; however, the DHA (Department of Home Affairs) is still accepting visa applications for 189 visas which is a skilled independent visa.
Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189 is a point-tested permanent residency visa category that allows you to live and work in Australia for an indefinite time period. For this visa, a candidate is not required to get any secured nomination from an Australian state or territory. In order to apply, a candidate is required to meet certain requirements such as:
- Your nominated occupation must be in the skilled occupation list of Australia
- You must pass the skills assessment and get it assessed from a relevant assessing authority
- You must have an invitation to apply for Australia’s permanent residence
- You must qualify the points test and score a minimum 65 points in the pr points calculator
- You must be aged between 18-44 years
- You must have a competent level in the English language
- You must meet the medical and character requirements
Post meeting the above visa requirements, a candidate is required to follow a step-by-step process to apply for 189 visas.
- Firstly, you are required to submit an expression of interest (EOI) through the online skill assessment system to commence your application
- Then, you need to wait for an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs for the skilled visa application
- Provide the mandatory documents as they play a vital role in the entire immigration process. The documents such as proof of identity, English language proficiency, partner and dependent documents, skills assessment documents and expression of interest documents
- Now, after getting an invitation to apply for 189 visas, a candidate is required to apply for the visa. You have 60 days-time to apply for the visa.
- You can apply for the visa and get it approved. If approved, you will be given a visa number, start date and visa conditions (If any).
You can also include your family member in your 189 visa application if you want. Well, the cost to apply for the 189 skilled independent visas is $4,045. All you can do is apply now and accomplish your goals. You can expect certain delays, however, sooner your later this wait will be worth it!
I hope the above information might be useful!
Wishing you good luck and success for the future!